Even though Fijian Mahogany is one of the softest hardwoods available, it’s well regarded for its durability. Over time, Fijian Mahogany will retain its hardiness while it transitions from a reddish-brown colour to a soft silver. As with all timber decking you must treat it to help it last. However, in the case you would like your Fijian Mahogany to ‘grey off’, treat it with a product like Cutek Timber Coating, without adding colour tone.
Fijian Mahogany is a brilliant timber to work with. It can be easily cut with both power and hand tools. This opens up multiple design opportunities for you to create a unique paradise in your backyard.
All genuine Fijian Mahogany that we sell in Perth is sourced from sustainable farming operations. In 2019, the Fijian Prime Minister’s office signed a grant agreement to further enhance the production of sustainable Mahogany. This grant will also ensure landowners in Fiji are well resourced and rewarded for their sustainable growth of Mahogany trees.
LOOKING FOR HELP BUILDING YOUR DECK?
- The unique colours of Fiji Mahogany decking can range from a light reddish-orange tone, through to a lighter brown colour
- Fiji mahogany decking is a select grade timber
- Available in 140 x 21mm – smooth on both faces
- MicroPro H3 Treated Sapwood to resist Lyctus Borer
- Weight is 650kg/m3
- Natural durability class 2 – above ground applications
- As with all timber decking, pre-treating with Cutek Timber Coating is recommended.
Why choose Fijian Mahogany Decking
Easy to cut with hand and power tools
WE ONLY RECOMMEND DECKING
When adding outdoor decking onto your home, you want something that is going to last for years to come. This is exactly the kind of deck you will receive from Decking Perth.
We have highly skilled, timber decking professional contractors, and certified installers here to help make your dream deck into a reality for you.