Installation and Maintenance
To install your Aliwood deck you’ll need the following tools:
- Tape measure
- Drop saw
- Spirit level
- Drill bit
- Electric drill
- Measure out your decking area width with a tape measure and note this measurement down. Ensure your floor joists are properly fixed in place and ready for you to lay your decking slats.
- Using a drop saw, cut the starter piece to the correct length.
- Similarly, cut your decking slats to the correct length.
- Then, cut your nose pieces to the correct length.
- With any outer facing ends of these nose pieces, cut each to 45 degrees.
- Mount starter piece to the back of the joist or to the front face of your wall. Fix in place using a drill and screws.
- Place, lock and fix the boards in place the first decking piece using drill and ‘secret screw’.
- Continue with step 7 until you’ve achieved your measured width.
- Finally, mount the nose-capping piece to frame the edges of your deck.
There you have it – in less than ten easy steps will have your new Aliwood deck installed and ready to enjoy!
For further instructions, refer to Aliwood’s decking installation guide.
Aliwood’s secret screw system works to firmly fix interlocking decking slats, while achieving a smooth and seamless finish without any surface screws in sight.
Aliwood’s specialised fixing system saves a great deal of installation time, while also achieving significant load bearing and non-slip approval standards.
Maintaining your Aliwood
Exceedingly low maintenance no matter the environment it is exposed to, maintaining your Aliwood deck is as simple as spraying with a pressure hose and wiping clean with a cloth!
Unlike timber or composite decking, Aliwood is 100% waterproof and not susceptible to rot, mould or insect damage.
Aliwood’s aluminium composition makes this product highly fire retardant and able to withstand exposure to the elements far beyond that of timber or timber composite materials.